Dental x-rays play a very important role during your dental exam at Woodinville Gentle Dental. X-ray images help identify problems that are not visible during a regular dental exam. To prevent tooth pain, it is vital to find and treat dental problems early on. By using diagnostic x-rays we can properly evaluate your teeth.
X-rays help us identify the following:
- Areas of decay that form in your teeth and under your fillings
- Bone loss as a result of periodontal (gum disease)
- Some types of tumors or growths
- Bone diseases or infections such as an abscess or cysts
- Trauma to the teeth
- The position of erupting teeth
- Extra and missing teeth
Dental x-rays are taken as needed at your routine dental exams in line with the current recommendations of the American Dental Association. At your appointment, Dr. Ryan will answer any questions you may have regarding your dental x-ray exam.
Call us at 425.483.4602 to schedule your next appointment.