Dental Implants are an excellent way to replace broken, painful or missing teeth. They are a proven method to gain teeth that are completely secure and look natural, for a healthy and beautiful smile. Implants can even be used to stabilize a partial or complete denture.
An implant is a new tooth made of metal and porcelain that looks just like your natural teeth. It is composed of two main parts:
- One is the titanium implant body that takes the place of the missing root.
- The second is the tooth-colored crown that is cemented on top of the implant.
Implants are completed in the following steps:
- First, the titanium implant screw is placed into the jaw by the implant surgeon. After the surgical placement there is a healing period of 3-6 months before the next step. During this time we can make a temporary crown or temporary denture for you to wear.
- After the healing period, we will take impressions of your mouth so our lab can fabricate the final implant crown (or bridge) and the abutment attachment that will fasten to your implant.
- At your final appointment, Dr. Ryan will permanently attach your implant restoration.
Dental implants will restore your ability to chew and speak because they are surgically placed in the jaw bone, like your natural teeth. At Woodinville Gentle Dental, we partner with the best local specialists for your surgical placement. Together, we will help you acquire new confidence in your smile.
Call our office at 425.483.4602 to schedule your implant consultation.